Diploma in Care – Level 2
Diploma in Care – Level 2
or Equivalent local currency
Request a follow-Up
About this course
Diploma in Care – Level 2
The aim of the Level 2 Diploma in Care (Accredited by Qualifi, UK) is to confirm occupational competence for Adult Care Workers or Healthcare Support Workers.
This Level 2 Diploma in Care qualification offers the opportunity for learners to demonstrate their knowledge, understanding and practical skills required to be an Adult Care Worker in an adult care setting or a Healthcare Assistant; Support Worker or Personal Assistant in a healthcare support environment.
At Level 2, the UK sector skills council decided that there would be a common qualification for both Health and Adult Care settings. This means that there will be no barrier to entering either the Adult Care or Health Workforces.
The content of the Level 2 Diploma in Care qualification links with the knowledge and skills required for the Apprenticeship Standards ‘Adult Care Worker’ and ‘Healthcare Support Worker’. The content is applicable to a variety of roles, examples of which are included below:
- Adult care worker
- Healthcare Assistant / Support Worker
- Personal Assistant
The Level 2 Diploma in Care will require learners to demonstrate understanding and effective practice in the following areas:
- Person development
- Values and behaviours
- Health and wellbeing
The Level 2 Diploma in Care qualification links with the requirements for the National Occupational Standards (NOS) for Health and Social Care.
Course Pass Rate
Program Overview: Diploma in Care – Level 2
Key Highlights of this course qualification are:
This is a Foundation Courses Qualifications
This course help you to:
Learn more about the programme
The Level 2 Diploma in Care (Accredited by Qualifi) qualification has been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression.
Entry to the qualifications will be through interview and learners must be in a position to demonstrate the requirements of the qualification and have access to required assessment opportunities and relevant resources.
The Level 2 Diploma in Care qualification consists of 9 mandatory and optional units for a combined total of 46 credits:
- Communication in Care Settings (2 Credits)
- Duty of Care (1 Credits)
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in Care Settings (2 Credits)
- Handle Information in Care Settings (2 Credits)
- Health, Safety and Well-Being in Care Settings (4 Credits)
- Implement Person-Centred Approaches (5 Credits)
- Personal Development in a Care Setting (3 Credits)
- Responsibilities of a Care Worker (2 Credits)
- Safeguarding and Protection in Care Settings (3 Credits)
Optional units: Choose any 22 credits
- Introductory Awareness of Autistic Spectrum Conditions (2 Credits)
- Understand the Context of Supporting Individuals with Learning Disabilities (4 Credits)
- Assist in the Administration of Medication (4 Credits)
- Contribute to Support of Positive Risk- taking for Individuals (4 Credits)
- Contribute to Supporting Individuals with a Learning Disability to Access Healthcare (3 Credits)
- Promote Positive Behaviour Support (6 Credits)
- Awareness of the Mental Capacity Act 2005 (3 Credits)
- Understand Mental Health Problems (3 Credits)
- Understand Mental Well-being and Mental Health Promotion (3 Credits)
- Enable Individuals to Develop Strategies to Manage Behaviour (8 Credits)
- Support Independence in the Tasks of Daily Living (5 Credits)
- Understand How to Support Individuals to be Part of a Community (3 Credits)
- Understand the Impact of Acquired Brain Injury on Individuals (3 Credits)
Learning Outcomes for Level 2 Diploma in Care
Below listed are the learning outcomes from Level 2 Diploma in Care:
- Provide career path support to learners who wish to develop their management skills, enterprise capabilities and opportunities in their chosen sector
- Improve learner understanding of any given business environments and organisations and how they are managed and developed
- Develop skills and abilities in learners to support their professional development
- Apply analytical and evaluative techniques and to enhance those skills
- Develop their awareness and appreciation of managerial, organisational and environmental issues
- Use management techniques and practices in imaginative ways
- Make use of relevant information from different sources
Assessment is done via submission of Assignments
These qualifications are vocational as they can support a learner’s career progression. To meet QUALIFI’s aim to provide an appropriate assessment method each unit will be assessed through tasks that will be written in a way to make them realistic ‘work-related’ tasks wherever possible. Learners will need to demonstrate knowledge, understanding and application. Original thought, problem solving and recommendations on actions will also be asked for from learners where appropriate for the unit. Intellectual rigour will be expected appropriate to the level of the qualification.
Assignments will contain a question strand for each of the given unit’s learning outcomes. The assignment tasks will address the LO (learning outcome) and AC (assessment criteria) requirements. Within assignments there will always be requirements for learners to engage with important and relevant theory that underpins the subject area.
The course fee for Level 2 Diploma in Care can be paid in Instalment in equivalent local currency.
Please click on “Enrol Now” button on the top and choose some of the best payment options available for you.
There would be Live Webinars which would be spread across the duration of the course.
If for any reason you are not able to attend those, you have the option to go through the Recordings at a later date as per your convenience.
There is no visa requirements for to attend this programme